About Me

My Photo

I am editor and publisher of Clarisel Media and PRSUN Communications, independent media and community social marketing projects. Our mission is to inform, empower and build community.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wanted your Bronx photos of the 1970s

I recently digged a story by David Gonzalez of the New York Times, one of my favorite writers in that paper. I recommend you check out the article about the Bronx in 1970s and the photographs he shot.
"In this place that had been written off as hopeless, I saw people just moving on," he says in a podcast.
Now that David has shared his images and photos, the New York Times has issued a call for readers to also send in their pictures of the Bronx of the 1970s.
Here's the New York Times' message to readers: "Were you there when the Bronx was burning? We'd like to see your photographs of the Bronx from the 1970s, not only in its chaos and despair, but in its unquenchable vitality, too."
The link to submit your photos is here: http://submit.nytimes.com/bronx70s
Bronx Latino recommends you send the photos. Try to send a diversity of images. Try to send photos that represent the life of the people of the Bronx despite all the abandonment and rubble.
David wrote a story from the heart. You could tell.
By the way, if you are on Digg, follow me there at http://digg.com/users/prsun. I usually Digg stories related to the Bronx, Latino themes and more. I'm Prsun at Digg. Digg it.
Thanks David for sharing your photos and your Bronx story with the world. Now, that's a Bronx tale.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Bronx News

Loading...

Latino News

Loading...